Air curtains are your best option for energy efficiency, high performance and conservation for any type of opening. With many different styles to choose from, the air curtain will always create an invisible barrier that isolates different temperature zones without affecting other areas of your business. Whether its new construction or a retrofit installation, Wilcox Door Service can recommend a budget friendly solution for your application. All the products we source are ISO9004 certified. Energy rebates are often awarded to businesses that qualify. Learn more with Wilcox.
The most common configuration is mounted over an opening of a man door or garage with a downward-facing blower fan that helps prevent outside air from coming in. This includes minimizing dirt, dust and fumes, prevents insects from entering and enhancing the safety of your work environment.
Air Barriers and Energy Savings
An Air Barrier enhances your building efficiency, lowers operating costs and reduces wear on your heating and cooling systems.
- Approximately 15- 20 units of energy saved for every 1 unit consumed.
- In a cost comparison of two similar models, Enershield consumed an average of $68 in electricity per year versus the competitor’s $924. The Enershield MCS-72 (6’ w pedestrian door) operates at 540 watts an hour; the competitor’s heated unit, 8000 watts (8 kilowatts). And, the Enershield model produces a more effective seal! Comparison is based on operating six hours a day, five days a week over six months.
Industry Type: Commercial and multi-tenant, fire halls and EMS, Automotive dealership, warehouse, agricultural, manufacturing, transit and truck terminals, pulp and paper, underground parking, high security
- Up to a 75% reduction in energy typically lost out the door.
- Protect the largest openings from unconditioned air, insects, dust, fumes, and other harmful containment.
- Industrial air curtains are built for openings up to 50 feet high and can be used at dock doors, loading docks, train bays, airplane hangars, and more.