Fire Protection is a must everywhere you go, especially in industries where explosive material is a concern. Wilcox Door Service only supplies the most reliable commercial fire rated doors on the market, that provide superior fire protection and fast egress from any building. Sometime called rolling steel fire doors, are designed to automatically close in the event of a fire and contain smoke from spreading. All rolling fire doors we install are customized and be used to provide security. With several optional materials and finishes available, these doors stay UL approved to meet your local/industry fire safety guidelines.
More importantly, our technicians are knowledgeable about rolling steel fire door safety and maintenance. Fire drop testing is mandatory by law in Canada it protects your personnel and lowers your risk of liability when inspected probably. Learn more, about commercial building fire protection policy with the government of Canada.
Fire Door Drop Testing Steps
If you don’t know when the last time your fire door has been tested please book with us today.
- We first inspect the sliding fire door hardware and the opening
- We run the door open and close to ensure its operating correctly
- Disconnect the triggering device and let the door fall at a governed rate. This is done twice
- Check to see if there is no gaps around the opening
- Report is filled out detailing fire door inspection and next scheduled visit