Air Powered dock leveler
Air-Powered Dock Levelers are similar to Hydraulic Dock levelers, however, they have no legs or rollers. A bag is inflated and raises the deck, deploying the lip which allows for a smooth opening and then deflates when connecting with truck or trailer. This type of dock leveler uses a low-pressure lifting system with little to no maintenance and requires less cleaning for a long equipment life. Air-Powered Dock Levelers are ideal for high frequency shipments with heavy loads and are virtually resistant to abuse. An additional safety feature provided are mechanical fall safety legs. Safety legs help with “stump out” issues for dock levelers, which occurs when a trailer bed’s height is below dock level and the safety legs hit their stops. When this happens, only the lip of the dock can travel with the bed of the trailer, without the dock leveler deck moving. Wilcox door service installs and services Air-Powered Dock Levelers all over the Toronto and Hamilton Region with a 3 hr response time.
Every dock leveler or loading dock systems has it’s pros and cons, let one of dock leveler expert advise you on the best choice. Learn more here.
Why choose a Air Dock Leveler vs. Mechanical Dock leveler
Quite simply, this is a more environmentally friendly lifting system using air. This avoids using oil-powered hydraulic that requires more maintenance. Load capacity is a little better on the mechanical level but you would save power on the usage of the air-powered dock leveler.
- Powerful dock systems that only need air to keep safety and productivity at optimum levels
- Heavy-duty U-beam support under the deck
- Platform flexes up to 4″ (102 mm) under load, maintaining full-width contact between the lip and the truck bed
- Continuous one-piece headboard system intensifies the strength of the deck’s front structure
- Single lip hinge pin enables a stronger distributed load