ABOUT WILCOX DOOR SERVICE
Wilcox Door Service Inc., a certified Aboriginal-owned business, is the industry leader in supplying, installing and servicing overhead doors, docks and gate solutions for commercial and industrial facilities since 1912. Our innovative and “green” solutions help customers cut operating & energy costs, minimize downtime, and ensure a safe work environment.
We are ACCOUNTABLE. We show PRIDE. We are BOLD. We show TRUST. We have INTEGRITY. We have PASSION. That is what Wilcox Door is all about. Each day, our team shows up and embodies these (6) six core values. It is because of this that our team is like family
Reports To: Operations Manager
The Licensed Electrical Technician will serve a vital role within our Service Department by installing, repairing, maintaining, connecting, and/or testing electrical systems, install electrical and electronic devices, systematically diagnose faults in electrical and electronic components as required. You will continue to learn our processes and better yourself by receiving the most up to date training.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AS A SERVICE TECHNICIAN:
- Install various types of equipment and electrical services.
- Manage customer relationships, identifying opportunities to expand services provided
- Work safely following all Safety protocols
- Prepare and have customers sign all work orders.
- Report all potential replacement equipment as needed.
- Pick up and deliver equipment from various manufacturers to the customer site.
- Assistance to fellow employees as requested.
- Maintain stocked service vehicle at all times
- On-Call Rotation
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 3 years of electrician experience required
- Must hold valid 309A Electrician Construction and Maintenance License
- At least 2 years experience working with Overhead Doors/Docks is required
- CWB Welder’s Certification and experience an asset (added hourly bonus with valid certification)
- Sound mechanical knowledge is a must
- Ability to operate a Boom truck
- Valid Class G Driver’s license with clean abstract
- Basic computer knowledge
Wilcox Door is a Unionized door company.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Extended Health Care
- Team Environment
- Company Events
- 3 years of electrician experience
- Working at Heights Training
- Industry experience is an asset